If we have chosen the map with the spots view type for our content grouping, we can set a few parameters depending on our needs.
Route: CONTENT > OTHER > CONTENT GROUPS
- Hover the cursor over the Content Grouping in which we want to edit the map and click on “View detail”.
- Select the “Map configuration” tab.
Once inside, we can set the following parameters:
Map view configuration
This section allows us to specify the focus we want the guest to see the map with once he accesses this section, and also to overlap a custom map image on top of Google Maps. This is very useful, especially when Google Maps is not updated or our custom map shows in greater details the different hotel paths or better spots in a more intuitive way.
- Set the coordinates of Mobile map focus
If this selector is switched on, we have to introduce the coordinates to indicate the area in which we want the map to be focused on once the guest accesses through a mobile app:
- Set the coordinates of Web App map focus
If this selector is switched on, we have to introduce the coordinates to indicate the area in which we want the map to be focused on once the guest accesses through a web app:
- Use a custom map image
We can activate this option if we want to show a custom map image overlap on top of Google Maps.
- Custom map image: upload a custom map image and indicate the coordinates: NE Latitude, SW Latitude, NE Longitude, SW Longitude.
- Custom tile image: upload a custom tile image outside the area of the hotel’s map. This option prevents the app from displaying Google’s map in case the guest zooms out, and instead, the custom tile image is shown.
Map zoom level
We have to set the zoom map default level for Android devices (maximum and minimum), depending on the zoom level we want the section to be displayed with.
We have to set the zoom map default level for iOS devices (maximum and minimum), depending on the zoom level we want the section to be displayed with.
- Allow map rotation
Select this option to allow users rotate the map on their devices.
Hotel map markers
We can set how the directions to each point are going to be shown, bearing in mind the devices type and if we want to show it either inside the app or with an external map app.
- In app: Select this option to display walking directions to each point inside the app.
- In Google / Apple maps: Select this option to show directions to each point opening an external map app.
- Available for Android/Web, iOS or both: Select the operating system for which will apply the previous option.
Hotel map markers
We can activate and customize the pins for the marker that will indicate the locations and our hotel’s rooms.
- Display hotel marker: activate to display our hotel’s position on the map with a marker. Click on the image to select an icon for the pin that will mark the location in the map.
- Display My Room marker: activate to display the guest’s room on the map with a marker. We can either use the icon already uploaded or a new one from our desktop.